Issues with Polycom VSX through NetScreen 25
darcN last edited by
We are unable to receive a video call to a Polycom VSX 7000 behind our NetScreen firewall.
I mainly work with Cisco firewalls and little with Netscreen/Juniper firewalls. So I need some help here.
We are using the Netscreen 25 running OS 4.0.1r10.0
Here is what I have done and have confirmed:
- Firewall policy to the Polycom is open for ALL ports (inbound & outbound). No luck
- configure policy to allow H.323 from the default object available (including an any any policy below it). No luck
- There is not ALG options for disabling H323. “unset alg X” is a unknown command.
- Under a policy there are no options for APPLICATION to select IGNORE
- When logging is enabled I do see port 1720 passing through to the Polycom but nothing beyond that.
- Outbound video calling from this Polycom unit works. Not inbound
- The polycom unit is checked for “NAT is H.323 Compatible”
I don’t think this firewall does any application inspection because of the OS , but I don’t know and want to make sure there isn’t anything I need to do on the firewall.
Any help would be great!
Tin_Pirate last edited by
I’m having some issues to use POlycom VSX 7000 behind a Juniper SSG5 firewall. The Polycom endpoints seems to accept the call, but it keeps calling, even with the green signal on the screen corner.
Could you please helpe me?