Network Connect Hangs the System when closing in Mac OSX 10.6.8

• I use sslvpn browser based installation of Juniper’s Network connect to connect to our work network. It works fine until I close the browser and Network connect app. I tried both proper sign-out and just closing the browser and Network connect app directly by force quit. Most of the time it just makes the mac to not to respond. I could not open/close anything after this and I have to do power-down and then power-up to overcome the issue.

My OS version: Mac OSX 10.6.8
    Network Connect version: 7.1.0 (18193)

Any help or thoughts? Please help.

• Um, is this site used at all by anybody except those with issues?  Is anything ever resolved?  Does Juniper monitor this site?  Here’s my issue…

http://www.juniperforum.com/index.php?topic=18091.0

-Ben

• Any ideas on this Juniper?

If I can’t get this Mac to connect using the Juniper Network Connect client app, is there another app I can use to connect?

I know the built-in cisco vpn client that comes with Snow Leopard doesn’t work, but are there any others?

Since the laptop connected to the same switch can connect fine is there any way I can tunnel through the laptop to get my vpn connection on the mac that I need connected?

Anything? Ideas? Comments? Suggestions?

Evan

@emoseman:

@jpv:

I use sslvpn browser based installation of Juniper’s Network connect to connect to our work network. It works fine until I close the browser and Network connect app. I tried both proper sign-out and just closing the browser and Network connect app directly by force quit. Most of the time it just makes the mac to not to respond. I could not open/close anything after this and I have to do power-down and then power-up to overcome the issue.

I get something very similar, I’m running Mac OSX 10.6.6 and Network Connect 7.1.0 , but my system gets fouled up shortly after Network Connect starts a connection.  The first symptom is that I can’t start any new applications, more specifically I can’t do anything that requires reading or writing to the filesystem.  The currently running applications will still run so long as they can handle not reading or writing to a filesystem.  From a shell prompt I can ‘ls’ the current directory if it is already in cache, but an ‘ls -l’ fails to read the extra data from the filesystem.  It feels like an NFS hard mount has become unavailable, although I have none of those on this system.

I’ve tried all sorts of different fixes and looked through every log I can think of to see any sign of an issue but nothing has come up yet.

Any ideas?

Evan

• Eh?

@kobe:

the aim is to target the ball

So long as adopts the run-in station posture, regardless of being long hits or on the Mizuno has launched the new Mizuno MP-59 Irons this year throwout lever the putting green is very simple. Actually so long as in is standing the attention complete works to the goal, then wields the pole also new Mizuno MP-69 Irons was revealed by mizuno only to be left over one kind. In brief, so long as recommended, My brother said Titleist 712 AP1 Irons can launch the ball high falls is good. Regardless of being the idea or wields the pole becomes pure incomparable. After understanding this truth, I could  he likes Titleist 712 AP2 Irons better than me enliven finally in the tour tournament. I from very long before has pondered that the practice “stands to the goal” the skill. Therefore, already might I want to buy Taylormade Burner 2.0 irons for my father the confidence announce completely now: “the golf is looks at the ball posture”

• @jpv:

I use sslvpn browser based installation of Juniper’s Network connect to connect to our work network. It works fine until I close the browser and Network connect app. I tried both proper sign-out and just closing the browser and Network connect app directly by force quit. Most of the time it just makes the mac to not to respond. I could not open/close anything after this and I have to do power-down and then power-up to overcome the issue.

I get something very similar, I’m running Mac OSX 10.6.6 and Network Connect 7.1.0 , but my system gets fouled up shortly after Network Connect starts a connection.  The first symptom is that I can’t start any new applications, more specifically I can’t do anything that requires reading or writing to the filesystem.  The currently running applications will still run so long as they can handle not reading or writing to a filesystem.  From a shell prompt I can ‘ls’ the current directory if it is already in cache, but an ‘ls -l’ fails to read the extra data from the filesystem.  It feels like an NFS hard mount has become unavailable, although I have none of those on this system.

I’ve tried all sorts of different fixes and looked through every log I can think of to see any sign of an issue but nothing has come up yet.

Any ideas?

Evan

Users

Topics