SSG 5 Initial Setup - Server 2003 w/ 5 External Static IP Addresses

• Hey all!  I am new to the forums and was hoping to get some assistance.

The IT company we had our service contract with went out of business and I’m not going to be able to get a budget for a new company for a minimum of 90 days.  In the meantime, I have to get our SSG-5 Gateway up and running.  Without the ability to retrieve the username and password, we have had to reset the Gateway to factory settings.

My background is in application coding, design and development and I have only taken the basic networking classes that I needed for my degree.  I have a basic understanding of networking principles, but very little practical experience.

I was hoping that someone would be able to point me towards some documentation or tutorials on the use and configuration of the SSG-5 Gateway.

Also, if anyone would be willing to give me some basic direction, I wouldn’t turn down the help!

We have a Verizon FiOS 25/15 connection coming into the premises, with 5 static IP addresses.  Here is the way we would like the gateway setup:

–> Static IP Address #1 to Server 2003 .local domain (Provides DHCP and internet connectivity to network users)
    FiOS --> SSG-5  --> Static IP Address #2 to Server 2008 Communications Server (No running yet, under development)
                            --> Segregated Sub-Net to provide “Public” Access Point for guest internet connectivity, no internal network access

We will be using the additional IP addresses at a later date, but for right now I just need to get this basic functionality up and running.  Long term, I am trying to budget for a newer appliance that allows for better management, but right now I have to use what I have.

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Scott

Users

Topics