New question everyday ? You can learn NetScreen architecture

• Hi All,

I am planning to put 1 question everyday (exclude weekends … Thursday+ Friday in Saudi Arabia) in this topic as a brain dump with reference to Boson Juniper Test series and Certificate practise test from VUE for NetScreen. These are free practise test series so nobody should have any issue… 😎

You may learn a lot with these…

Today’s question:

You are creating a VPN b/w two netscreen devices. On the local device, you create a local address book entry with the command: “set address trust 10.0.0.4/24 10.0.0.5/32” while on the remote device you create an address book entry with the following command “set address untrust 10.0.0.5/32 10.0.0.5/32” if everything else is configured properly, will the VPN b/w two devices work?

Yes or No.

Vote for the topic through post if you want it to continue.

Thanks,
    Naveen Dhar. :idea:

• Was this thread of any use  😮
    should we have a second session of it ??   :roll:

Regards,
    Naveen.

• I think this thread has to live for long. I may think of reviving it again… People be on the lookout…

Cheers…

• I agree, this thread is great!!

• Why have you stopped posting questions? I think it was realy a good idea! The Questions are also useful for people having the certification, because the cert is valid for two years only and with this kind of question they can stay on the ball. People planning to do the exam can take a look, which kind of questions may appear.

Thanks

Stefan

• Oooopppssss… Soory but authentication servers are total of 10 including local database and mistakenly i wrote 12… Well this question is not from any test series or paper, i created it myself. 😉

Anyways, that’s why people say you shouldn’t work impatiently. … :roll:

For admin user question, answer is 3,4,6.

For DI question, Answer is: 4,5.

Thanks,
    Naveen Dhar. 🙂

• @naveen_dharbhardwaj:

Today’s Question : What are the type of admin users?
    1. Global user
    2.Active user
    3. Read only user
    4. Passive user
    4. Read-write user
    5.Domain User
    6. Root user

Thanks,
    Naveen Dhar. 😎

• @naveen_dharbhardwaj:

Today’s Question:
    Which are the two components required for NetScreen Deep Inspection implementation?
    1. Service book group Entries
    2.Address Book group Entries
    3. Policy Statements
    4. IDP Action statement
    5. Signature Database

Thanks,
    Naveen Dhar. 😎

• @naveen_dharbhardwaj:

Hi Mike,

Following are the answers for those questions:

1. For VPN question, your answer is right as the naming may be wrong but the IP value which will be checked is same. Still it is recommended to use the right name for the addresses.

2. Authentication Server - 12 including local database.

3. Bridge floods frame with unknown MAC address except on the port where it was received.

4. policy needs addresses, services, zones as minimum requirement.

5. Policy based NAT and DIP.

Thanks,

I find answer in manual .

On most NetScreen devices, you can simultaneously employ up to 10 primary authentication servers per system—
    root system and virtual system—in any combination of types. This total includes the local database and excludes
    backup authentication servers. A RADIUS or LDAP server supports two backup servers, and a SecurID server
    supports one backup server; so, for example, you might use the local database and 9 different primary RADIUS
    servers, with each RADIUS server having two backup servers assigned to it.

• Hi Mike,

Following are the answers for those questions:

1. For VPN question, your answer is right as the naming may be wrong but the IP value which will be checked is same. Still it is recommended to use the right name for the addresses.

2. Authentication Server - 12 including local database.

3. Bridge floods frame with unknown MAC address except on the port where it was received.

4. policy needs addresses, services, zones as minimum requirement.

5. Policy based NAT and DIP.

Thanks,

• @naveen_dharbhardwaj:

Today’s Question: If you wanted to perform Source NAT when in route mode; what could you configure to perform this? ( Choose 2)
    1. Nothing NAT happens by default
    2. Policy based NAT
    3. Interface based NAT
    4.You can not perform NAT when in Route mode.
    5. DIP

Thanks,
    Naveen Dhar. 😎

• @naveen_dharbhardwaj:

Today’s question: When creating a policy which of the following are mandatory?
    1. Zones
    2 Addresses
    3. Services
    4. Counting
    5. Logging
    6. Deep Inspection
    7. AV
    8. Schedule

Ok friends i will be on leave/Out of Office from 10 to 19 Nov. so there is very less chance of me coming on Internet for the Forum… So see you all on 19 Nov.
    Have a Happy Ramadan and Eid Mubarak.

Thanks,
    Naveen Dhar. 😎

• @naveen_dharbhardwaj:

**Today’s Question: A Bridge will _________ a frame of the destination MAC Address that is not a part of the known MAC address?

1. Block
    2. Learn
    3.Forward
    4. Flood
    5. Filter**

Thanks,
    Naveen Dhar. 😎

• @naveen_dharbhardwaj:

Thanks Florent… Even i thought of a voting poll but when i was posting article, i found no option of Poll whereas i get Poll option in VPN section.

If you or Signal15 can enable it, then it would be even better.

Today’s Question:
    **How Many authentication Servers can be defined on the NetScreen device?

1. 10 including local database.
    2. 12 including local database.
    3. 10 excluding local database.
    4. 12 excluding local database.**

Thanks,
    Naveen Dhar. 😎

• @naveen_dharbhardwaj:

Hi All,

I am planning to put 1 question everyday (exclude weekends … Thursday+ Friday in Saudi Arabia) in this topic as a brain dump with reference to Boson Juniper Test series and Certificate practise test from VUE for NetScreen. These are free practise test series so nobody should have any issue… 😎

You may learn a lot with these…

Today’s question:

You are creating a VPN b/w two netscreen devices. On the local device, you create a local address book entry with the command: “set address trust 10.0.0.4/24 10.0.0.5/32” while on the remote device you create an address book entry with the following command “set address untrust 10.0.0.5/32 10.0.0.5/32” if everything else is configured properly, will the VPN b/w two devices work?

Yes or No.

Vote for the topic through post if you want it to continue.

Thanks,

answer should be yes , I think ,it look at address filed 10.0.0.5/32

• It is limited to 8 entries per cell.

Thanks,
    Naveen Dhar. 🙂

• Engineer

Welcome Back

• @naveen_dharbhardwaj:

Sorry i forgot posting Question yesterday…

**Yesterday’s Question:What are the Maximum Entries per Multi-Cell?

Answeres:
    a. 1
    b. 4
    c. 8
    d. 16
    e. 32**

Thanks,
    Naveen Dhar. 😎

• Today’s question: When creating a policy which of the following are mandatory?
    1. Zones
    2 Addresses
    3. Services
    4. Counting
    5. Logging
    6. Deep Inspection
    7. AV
    8. Schedule

Ok friends i will be on leave/Out of Office from 10 to 19 Nov. so there is very less chance of me coming on Internet for the Forum… So see you all on 19 Nov.
    Have a Happy Ramadan and Eid Mubarak.

Thanks,
    Naveen Dhar. 😎

• Today’s Question:When defining ICMP services which of the following must you have?
    1. Type
    2. Code
    3. Port
    4. Position
    5. Area

Thanks,
    Naveen Dhar. 😎

Users

Topics