NS 5GTADSL-WLAN dead

• Hi All

I have a 5GT ADSL-WLAN which i got it for completing the firewall and IDP paper. The issue now is i tried upgrading the box to the latest 5.3 screenOS after which it booted normally and I didnt use it for around 1 month now I thought of playing with that again and unfortunately iam not able to access it thru webui, cli or even console into it. I even tried the hardware factory reset no luck. Anyone experienced this issue, anyone any suggestion on the same.

Regards

AnanthProxy

• Hi dude thanks for the reply. When i tried hw reset the light turned red first and then amber after which it rebooted and all the lights in which i have connected the LAN cables were blinking green. Anyway lemme try doing the hardware reset once again as well as your second option of changing the power supply. Thanks for you valuable time, I appreciate it.

Regards

AnanthProxy

• Hi,

What lights are on/flashing etc?

The hardware reset is tricky so dont assume you have completed it. You need to get the light to go red, stay red, then amber, then green. Its very specific.

Its generally quite hard to kill these boxes.

One recent issue I had was that one was behaving funnily - but the light sequence made no sense (you need to be familiar wityh the box to notice). So I tried another Power supply and that was it - duff original.

So coule be a number of things - more detail please…

Users

Topics