ScreenOS 6.0

• hi

is anybody know when screenos 6.0 will be available.

if anybody know the new features of list etc

regards
    sajid

• hi buddy thanks a lot for the link and the info man.

greatly appreciated.

regards

sebastan

• @spingineer:

Active-active on SSG5/20 is available in 6.0.0, but with one drawback … failover will not be stateful.  Users will have to re-establish connections if a failover occurs.

I don’t think that is correct.

From: http://www.juniper.net/products/integrated/dsheet/100176.pdf second last page.
    High Availability:
    Adds support for stateful active/active or active/passive with ScreenOS 6.0

• hi signal u are right ab the fortinet thing. but i guess for juniper to be competitive as fortinet i guess even they should start giving the solutions where all the features of the screenos are available on all the boxes .

just expressed my views/

regards

sebastan

• administrators

Fortinet’s largest boxes have a limited throughput though.  They claim very high numbers on their chassis based solution, but what they don’t tell you is that they are load balancing all sessions through each one of your blades to get that throughput.  A single flow will be limited to the throughput of a single blade.  In most cases this probably isn’t an issue, however, some of the clients I have need a single session to be able to burst to 10G.

• ohh that;s really sad man. thanks for the update.

the failover should support stateful failover otherwise it actually doesn;t make much of a difference.

in this fortinet is really good.

all their features are available on the boxes with the same features. they don;t force u to buy a higher end box for a feature.

only thing in fortinet is that the performance and density of ports will vary in the boxes but their features remain the same throughout.

just expressed my views.

regards

sebastan

• Engineer

Active-active on SSG5/20 is available in 6.0.0, but with one drawback … failover will not be stateful.  Users will have to re-establish connections if a failover occurs.

• hi signal thanks for ur reply.

i guess for a basic full mesh active /active setup. we will need to interfaces for trust zone  and 2 interfaces in untrust zone plus 2 interfaces for failover.

so basically around 6 interfaces per ssg right.

so i guess ur ssg 5 should support .

casue i know that there is no special requirement or license to support full mesh active/active.

if a box supports active/active and has enough interfaces say 6 at a minimum should be able to support full mesh.

however i am not sure abt it.

pls do let me know if u get anything more info on the same.

thanks once again.

regards

sebastan

• administrators

The SSG5 I have has 7 interfaces.  I believe the SSG 20 has less, however, there may be an addon card you can get to bring this number up.

• thanks signal but if u can try it out and let us know it will be really helpful for us. cause i am having  NS-500 and 2 NS-204 but i cannot simulate full mesh active/active. cause NS-204 only has 4 interfaces.

so if the ssg5 and 20 are supporting active/active. i guess if we have enough interfaces they can support full mesh too

thanks for the info. in case u come up across with this and find a answer please let me know

regards

sebastan

• administrators

I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t be possible to do full mesh.  I don’t have a second unit to test with yet.

• @signal15:

Even a 1-2 concurrent user version of network connect would be awesome.  I really really dislike the standard IPSEC VPN client.

From what i’ve heard they will release a new IPsec client for the NS/SSG boxes… I’m affraid I don’t have any more info on what they will build it on, but as mention they have the IVE client (NC), The OAC client…

• hi signal thanks and it;s really good to hear that. but i couldnt find that info on the website on the product datasheet .

so if our ssg;s are having enough ethernet interfaces do they also support full mesh active/active.

i am really curious to know.

thanks once again.

waiting for ur reply

regards

sebastan

• administrators

You can definitely do Active/Active on an SSG5, I have one here that shows it will do it.  Additionally, this was one of the things Juniper mentioned during a Partner presentation last week.

• @sebastan_bach:

hi signal i checked the release notes again and they have not menitoned it anywhere that active/active will be supported on lower platforms . it will be only on ssg 550.

i checked by upgrading ssg5s and all showed active/active after update.

• hi signal i checked the release notes again and they have not menitoned it anywhere that active/active will be supported on lower platforms . it will be only on ssg 550.

only ha lite and active,passive is available on ssg 5 and ssg 20 that too with extended license.

regards

sebastan

• hi signal i have read the release notes and they have not mentioned anything abt  the active/active failover on the ssg5 and ssg 20 series that;s really great.

cause in netscreen from ns-204 they suppotred active/active but in ssg series it had to be ssg 550 so it;s a pretty expensive thing just to get failover  one will have to buy ssg 550.

but as u said they have got active/active failover even in the lowest paltforms then that is really great and significant.

does it also support full mesh active/active if we have enough ethernet interfaces on it.

waiting for ur repply.

thanks once again for the info.

regards

sebastan

• It’s already released. I downloaded it a few days ago.

• Engineer

6.0 is avialble to only few persons as a Beta testing. When is it going to be released not sure.

• administrators

Even a 1-2 concurrent user version of network connect would be awesome.  I really really dislike the standard IPSEC VPN client.

Users

Topics