Your experiences with ScreenOS 6.0r1 on an SSG 520/550

• administrators

Got any?  Good or bad, preferably in a production environment.

I have a couple of clients that would like some of the new features, but they are wary of running something so new in production.

• @sorin:

I found one web gui bug so far: when creating zones, in untrust-vr, the zone gets created in trust-vr

Workaround through cli  :roll:

Yup, found this one as well… I actually had trouble creating zones in the trust-vr using Webui, (had to use CLI). This was on a 550.

• @GavinChambers:

Did you manage to find a resoloution to the dropped packets after the upgrade? I am experiancing the same issue.

No, we tried several times, but it really seems to be an 6.0.0r1 issue.
    A case is opened with juniper, but they are mostly doing nothing….

• Hi Omega,
    Did you manage to find a resoloution to the dropped packets after the upgrade? I am experiancing the same issue.

Regards,

Gavin

• I can only report on SSG5.

After Updating to Version 6 our traffic passing the Firewall was dropped (to untrust and via tunnel policy). Downgrade to 5.4.0r3 restored the function.

I can not tell, what causes the Problems. Debug flow shows dropped packets. It seems that the ssg does not find the corresponding policys after update and defaults to deny.

We are just testing with a second configuration.

• I found one web gui bug so far: when creating zones, in untrust-vr, the zone gets created in trust-vr

Workaround through cli  :roll:

• administrators

I’ve also got it running on an SSG5, and it seems fine so far.  However, the 520/550 platform is quite different from my understanding, and I don’t have a spare to test it on (yet).

• I’ve installed 6.0.0r1 on my SSG5. It seems fine, although it takes up more memory. It’s just a home device so I haven’t tested all the advanced stuff yet.

Users

Topics