Simulator of NS5GT or NS208 or JUniper Networks devices

• hi to alll
    hope u all will be in the best of your health.

Me Hasan

Can any one help me finding out some simulator of Juniper Networks devices

NS5GT
    NS-208
    or Some Juniper Router M10i , M320.

Please i would be thankful to you.

Regards,

Hasan rauf
    hasan.rauf@gmail.com

• olive is only supported on free bsd 4.1 and above.

if u are well versed with linux then go ahead with it.

regards

sebastan

• hi all
    I am very grateful for your prompt response.

I will be very thankful to you if u provide me some information about FREEBSD and after that…would i be able to do a lab with more than 2 routers of Juniper…?

has any one used OLIVE ?
    If yes please can you provide some screen shots ?

Thanks.
    Would it be able for any one to prepare a Simulator of NETSCREEN FIREWALLS…?

• there is no hardware emulator for juniper netscreens. however the olive cannot emulate the hardware but yes it can let u boot a junos on a freebsd and let u work on junos routing. it does not boot any hardware it makes the junos works.

for netsreen i guess they are having specific asics which cannot be emulated.

one requires very good skills for emulating the hardware. once the hardware is emulated u can boot any os into it.

regards

sebastan

• Engineer

Ah, i forgot about that - it’s via Ingram I think:

http://www.ingram-juniper.net/

so you need an account with Ingram (as a Juniper reseller)

It’s physical hardware AFAIK - not an emulator.

• Juniper has a virtual lab available through their webpage, however, i think you have to have a partner account to access it. having played with them a grand total of 30 seconds, i can’t give much statemen on how good they are. However, it does appear to provide all the commands/functions as if  you are at least consoled into an SSG device.

• Engineer

Hi Hasan,

I know Cisco has a few resources in this area, but Netscreens are tough – custom ASICs, etc. There is something called an Olive (google “juniper olive” for resources) which will provide some JUNOS capabilities, but no hardware emulation.

If this is for a school/educational purposes, Juniper has some programs to assist in acquiring equipment. Contact their corporate offices for more details.

Users

Topics