SIP ALG ?

• Hello together,

what is the SIP-ALG function exactly and how can i configure it?
    I mean it’s an intelligent SIP-traffic controll function but who can it explain it more detailed to me?

With the firmware 5.1.r01 we had problems with some sip-session then i disabled the sip alg and everything worked perfectly…

What does it stand for? How to configure it? Which firmware would be suiteable?

Thank you very much
    regards
    dmsman2

• @signal15:

Since Juniper is a partner with Avaya, I assume it will work with Avaya’s SIP implementation.  All vendors have minor differences in the format of their SIP messages, and I think this is what causes problems.  This actually kind of sucks for me, because I need this functionality to work with a large Asterisk implementation within the next couple of months.

That would be great if Avaya’s implementation would nearly work better then the last implementations from Juniper 😉
    Thank you very much for your response !
    regards
    dmsman2

• administrators

It is supposed to dynamically open ports for RTP, and handle changing IP information in the application layer on SIP packets when doing NAT.

I have never been able to make it work.  None of my coworkers have been able to make it work.  With it enabled, I’ve never seen SIP work.  Everyone I know disables it when passing SIP through the device.

Since Juniper is a partner with Avaya, I assume it will work with Avaya’s SIP implementation.  All vendors have minor differences in the format of their SIP messages, and I think this is what causes problems.  This actually kind of sucks for me, because I need this functionality to work with a large Asterisk implementation within the next couple of months.

Users

Topics