Weird OS bug

• Hi,

Our company runs an ISG1000, and is coiming up with a weird error when trying to run the “|” (Pipe) command:

Pipe command cannot be run concurrently. Being used by user:xxxx(ID:2384)

Anybody seen this sort of error. I suppose a reboot could fix, but that would be a last resort.

Screen OS version is 5.4.0r3a.0.

regards,

Nero

• Actually, i seen that error and we are running 6.3 code. closing my terminal client and restarting it clears it.

• Engineer

@nerothehero:

Hi Tim,

“There was a bug if a user is disconnected or in some state the pipe command would be “locked” by that user until the firewall was rebooted.”

Yeah that’s the problem we are experiencing now. The user who has locked it logged out a long time ago

This was fixed in 5.4.0r4.

• Engineer

5.4.0r3a is old … about 6 months old.

• Engineer

@nerothehero:

Hi Tim,

“There was a bug if a user is disconnected or in some state the pipe command would be “locked” by that user until the firewall was rebooted.”

Yeah that’s the problem we are experiencing now. The user who has locked it logged out a long time ago

Sadly that is only fixed by a reboot. So good luck, I would suggest a code upgrade to fix that plus many many other bugs (We saw this on the 5.0r9 platform I believe)

• Hi Tim,

• Engineer

@Stimpy:

Juniper implemented the pipe as a singleton (to prevent data leaking). This means that you can run only one pipe command @the same time.  So if there is anyone else connected (or you with a second connection) that is already using a pipe  than you can have these error messages

-Tim

Tim is 100% correct. One a single user can run the pipe command at any given time. Tell the other user to get off and stop hogging the pipe command.

There was a bug if a user is disconnected or in some state the pipe command would be “locked” by that user until the firewall was rebooted.

• Juniper implemented the pipe as a singleton (to prevent data leaking). This means that you can run only one pipe command @the same time.  So if there is anyone else connected (or you with a second connection) that is already using a pipe  than you can have these error messages

-Tim

Users

Topics