Trixbox Sipgate and no audio

• Right i’ve set-up a trixbox to try out VoIP for our new mail order dept, i’ve got it set-up and working fine internally but the problem comes with incoming calls.

At the moment i have signed up with sipgate to get myself a free incoming VoIP account and a phone number.  Now when i call the number the softphones on my PC all ring as they should, but the caller can’t hear anything.  No ringing, No “you X in the queue”, No please leave a message.  I’ve posted on Trixbox but i’m not getting anywhere as no one seems to know netscreen so i thought i would try here.

I’ve set-up the following custom service and applied it to my eth3 VIP pointing to my trixbox but still no audio.
    UDP src port: 5004-5082, dst port: 5004-5082
    UDP src port: 10000-10500, dst port: 10000-10500
    UDP src port: 8000-8019, dst port: 8000-8019
    TCP src port: 5004-5082, dst port: 5004-5082
    TCP src port: 10000-10500, dst port: 10000-10500
    TCP src port: 8000-8019, dst port: 8000-8019

• @tartanfunk:

Hi guys, the only way that I could get any audio to work was to enable VIPs for RTP, SIP, STUN and the XLITE softphone and configure an incoming policy to allow these ports to be forwarded on to the trixbox.

The problem that I have at the moment is that the calls work perfectly well on the outbound, full duplex audio, but when the call is initiated from the other end, eg a POTS line, I can answer the call from the softphone ok, but there is no audio transmitted or received. I’m just wondering if this is a Netscreen issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
    Graeme

Have you debuged? Flow, sip, etc? In the configuration I setup we never allowed softphones to register unencrypted. This means, we forced everyone to use NSRemote and we never had to deal with VIP’s. The only thing that was an issue was the ALG for SIP. The ALG gave loads av strange errors when enabled, disabled things ran as they should.

• Hi guys, the only way that I could get any audio to work was to enable VIPs for RTP, SIP, STUN and the XLITE softphone and configure an incoming policy to allow these ports to be forwarded on to the trixbox.

The problem that I have at the moment is that the calls work perfectly well on the outbound, full duplex audio, but when the call is initiated from the other end, eg a POTS line, I can answer the call from the softphone ok, but there is no audio transmitted or received. I’m just wondering if this is a Netscreen issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
    Graeme

• If it’s the same i what i was getting it’ll be no music on hold or attendant “You are x in the queue”  I did have a problem as well with the phone giving a ringing sound.

I may be looking at this again soon as i fancy a VoIP system at home.

• @tartanfunk:

Hi Hobbit, did you ever manage to get a resolve to your issue. I am having similar audio issues with my Netscreen5/trixbox configuration.

Cheers,
    G

What kind of problems are you experiencing? How is your NS configured?

• hi tartanfunk

no we decided to go with a normal PBX system so i never got to the bottom of the problem.

• Hi Hobbit, did you ever manage to get a resolve to your issue. I am having similar audio issues with my Netscreen5/trixbox configuration.

Cheers,
    G

• can you give more detail on how to switch it off?

• You should be able to use the predefined SIP service. I had to disable the SIP ALG to get it working with the trixbox…

/O

Users

Topics