IVE OS 6.0R2 is out - Release Notes

• Yup, turn off client side logging…. and all is sunshine and toast!

• @carpadum:

We are having the same issue.  I do NOT have the terminal services logging enabled.  There are some other things that we are logging but not terminal services.  Will unchecking everything except the login logout fix this issue?  Was this fixed in r3?

After a few days use with this change, switching off all client-side logging at

System - Log/Monitoring - Client Logs - Settings

confirmed as having fixed this for us 🙂

This is a workaround - JTAC advised it’s scheduled to be fixed in R3.1 which isn’t out for a couple of weeks yet (not fixed in R3.0).

• We are having the same issue.  I do NOT have the terminal services logging enabled.  There are some other things that we are logging but not terminal services.  Will unchecking everything except the login logout fix this issue?  Was this fixed in r3?

• Ooh, thanks for that tip!  I’ve been working with a user who was complaining about the slowdowns after 5-15 minutes……

• @Snype451:

The bigger problem is that both the RDP and Citrix show a severe slowdown and eventual drop after been connected for 5-15 minutes.

In 6.0r2 there’s a bug relating to Client logging that can cause this:

Go to System > Logs/Monitoring > Client logs > Settings
    Uncheck Terminal Services

(I switched off all client logging to make sure).

Believe this will be fixed in 6.0R3.1 when the above setting can be switched back on.

• It was a web application using the citrix template.  You point it at the citrix presentation server and when the presentation server sends the ICA file through, the IVE grabis it and encaspulates the citrix connection into a full ssl tunnel.

Very slick when its working.

• Snype451:  How did you accomplish servicing Citrix via the IVE?  Core Re-write, WSAM, or NC?

• I published fix TS Rulez for Conection to RDP (WinXP and Server2003) - but only with fix IP-Addresses. Never tried it via DNS Name.

• Are you accessing RDP using a published terminal services rule?

• Yeah - R1 is pulled out!
    I still run 6.0R1. Thats fine to me, RDP works, i dont access Citrix through IVE so i dont mind at the moment about it.
    Waiting for 6.0R5 to upgrade to a fixed IVE OS.

😉

• I’ve tried running 6.0r2 and ran into a couple of problems.  I have Citrix published through the SA as well as some RDP sessions.  The RDP can not use resolve by hostname, as it will fail the access control ACL.

The bigger problem is that both the RDP and Citrix show a severe slowdown and eventual drop after been connected for 5-15 minutes.

Anyone else noticed that Juniper has pulled the R1 release off the site?

Users

Topics