Newb Question -

• Hi all,
    I have a Juniper netscreen-25 running version: 5.3.0r2.0 (Firewall+VPN).  I have two identical cisco 2950 catalyst’s connected however under the interface bandwidth, Juniper picks up one as 100Mbps and the other (our dmz) as 10Mbps.
    I read somewhere this was a known bug with an older firmware revision but I’ve think I’ve covered all bases here.
    I’ve compared the config of both 2950’s and they are the same so I can’t see any reason why Juniper is picking one up as 10Mbps unless it’s a vpn restriction / rule somewhere.
    They are both set for 100Mb full duplex and not auto…… I noticed the juniper config shows: set interface ethernet1 phy full 100mb - should I set this for ethernet2 also?  Would that make a diff?
    Could anyone shed some light on this?  This is our dmz switch running at 10mbps which is causing all sorts of latency issues - the vpn comes via ethernet2 also
    Thanks in advance…

• I just noticed this post:
    http://www.juniperforum.com/index.php/topic,3807.0.html

I’ll try a new cable tomorrow morning - I’m a bit perplexed as to why a crossover cable fixed there issues?

Users

Topics