HOW-TO's

• Engineer

How about adding a section for HOW-TO’s. Where people can write articles for some NetScreen configurations and Secrets which are not in the manuals or not clear there.

• administrators

Actually, I’m installing it on another site here soon, so we’ll see how that goes. If it turns out well, I will try to find time to whack something together for this site.

I recently got a new job which focuses on network security, and the company is a netscreen vendor. So I’ll likely form some good ideas on what people would like to see on a non-forum only site.

• Engineer

I am ready to vulonteere
    But take care I am lazy some how :lol:

• administrators

I’ve been toying with the idea of using typo3 (http://www.typo3.org) for the site. I just have to get the time to install and configure it. I’ve been working some insane hours lately and it’s hard to find any extra time at all.

I think typo3 has it’s own forum system, but I really like PHPBB, so I may keep running the same forum software and just embed it in typo3. If anyone has mad web design skills and wants to volunteer to help, I’d be grateful. Otherwise, it’s going to be awhile before I can get around to it.

As far as other content management systems are concerned, I think they all pretty much suck in one way or another. Typo3 is the only one I’ve really been happy with. CMS’s based on PHPNuke are like swiss cheese as far as security is concerned and I really don’t want to deal with that.

• Engineer

We may also make this section so that each one can submit a template configuration (NSRP, VPNs, Global Pro, Deep Inspection, etc.)

• Engineer

We wanna be NetScreen Geeks :lol:

• Engineer

I think thats a good idea.

but i find the netscreen manuals one of the best!

But hé for some special config we can learn each other a lot i think 😄

GreetZ,
    Frac

Users

Topics